Thursday, January 15, 2009

Last night I got to talk to my dad on the phone. I always talk to my mom and Kenny's parents but not to my dad so I really started to miss him. I am getting all teary eyed just writing about it. I miss home so much! I didn't want to write this in my blog and let people know how I feel because for the most part I am doing really good and I am happy with what Kenny and I have decided to do. As anyone knows who has lived far away, I just have those days sometimes. It has been really hard for me to be away from all of my sisters and brothers but especially my little sisters and brother who are still living at home. I hate missing everything in their lives, I want to be there as they grow up and be a part of it. Now getting back to why I wrote this post, I just wanted to tell how much I love my dad. I look up to him in so many ways. When I was growing up I always thought that my dad was the best and could do anything, in my eyes he was the smartest man I knew. I guess those feelings don't fade easily. He seems pretty rough around the edges but he loves and cares for people more than they know. He is a pretty cute cowboy too. This picture was taken right before we moved when we were out at the ranch for a Sunday drive.

4 comments:

DHCHWinn said...

I love this post! You are so right about your dad being such a caring guy- your mom is awesome as well. I'm so glad to have your parents as mine too!

Hiatt Family said...

I'm so sorry Cleona! That was such a nice post. I'm sure your family misses you A TON too! I know we sure do. Plus, I am sure things are so different there compared to where you've lived in the past. I really admire the support you are giving Kenny. Call me if you ever want to talk. I would love it. Love you! -Anjane'

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

I agree he is a pretty cute cowboy! You said you didn't want to write that you were missing home because you didn't want people to know, but you don't have to be ashamed. Anyone who has ever been far from home knows how you feel! I hope you are enjoying life in your new home! Love you

Hasegawa Crew said...

I have to agree I think that your dad is a very wonderful and caring man, I am grateful that he is my brother. Don't be ashamed to be homesick, it shows how much you love your family and what a wonderful bond that you have with them, and you should be proud of that. You are a very strong woman and time will make it a little easier. If you ever need to talk about it just give me a call. I love you and you hang in there.