Friday, August 2, 2013

Once a cowgirl always a cowgirl...I hope

Our summer vacation was really awesome this year. We gave our kids the choice between Disney Land and going to see family in Arizona. I was super surprised by their choice but really happy and proud of them for wanting to visit family more. One of the highlights of the trip for me was riding horses and being on the ranch at Navajo. The kids all got to ride horses one day. I rode a couple of times, once with my sister Lera. We had a great time together. Reaves got to go out 2 days in a row and gather cows with Kenny, my brother Henson and my dad. He did so good and I am proud of him for riding all by himself for the first time on a long ride. Kenny loved being on the ranch and helped Henson work a few days. I was a little nervous since I hadn't been on a horse for a year. Luckily my dad and brother have such great horses that my nervousness didn't last long. I was back in the swing of things in no time at all. Now I miss it and don't want to wait another year in between rides.  
 
 Reaves
 Kenny with Patrick
 Patrick
 Ransom
 Reaves taking his cousin Haidyn for a ride
 Me, Ransom and I think Henson


No comments: