Thursday, November 12, 2009

I forgot to take pictures of Halloween and I know I am a terrible mom this month. I took the boys to pick out Halloween costumes and they both picked out Power Rangers. I like to let them pick out what they want to be because it is their favorite thing in the world to dress up on Halloween. I wish I could coordinate cute little themes but they would never go for it. Ransom wore his costume many times before the big day and when we finally got dressed to go out he wanted to wear last years Spider man costume. Man I could have saved some money if I would have known that would happen. We went to the Ward trunk or treat and they loved it. Our ward is great and I can tell my kids feel at home with everyone. They ran and ran around with the other kids and got a little candy too.

Reaves is doing good in school. He can count to 100 now and is getting closer every day to reading. I am excited for him because he loves books and would have me read to him all night if I would do it. I let him empty his piggy bank and make his first purchase at the book fair. He had $8 to spend and it was a great experience for him to learn about budgeting his money and he really had to pay attention to the prices. He was so happy in the end even though he couldn't buy the book he originally had his eye on.

Ransom seems to be learning right along with Reaves. He knows many of his letters and sounds and actually traced the letter 'J' over and over that he was learning today. He usually tries one letter and then gives up so you can imagine how happy I was to see him progressing. He is finally sitting and paying attention when I read to them too. Ransom is definitely doing all of the other three year old things that drive me crazy. He used to love to eat whatever I gave him but now he seems to dislike everything I give him. He used to love bedtime but now does not. He will not let anyone help him do anything. There is so much more and I am tired from just thinking about it all. Ransom is the sweetest boy and still says "will you hug me?" when he wants me to hold him or pick him up.

We are excited for the holidays and Reaves wants to decorate for Christmas now. We aren't planning on going anywhere, just staying home and having fun together. Reaves has the whole week off school for Thanksgiving and the weather here is nice so i think we will go to the zoo or something. In the spirit of Thanksgiving I want to express how very Thankful I am for a wonderful husband. He truly is the best. I am also so blessed to have 2 sweet little boys who bring such joy to our lives.

1 comment:

K Bailey said...

Let's try to plan something over the Christmas/New Years break....does Kenny have to go to Tulsa during that time?